Avoid Stress by Finding Balance
Shared by Dr. John Wertish
We all know stress can create pain. Cortisol is normally on overdrive unless we are aware of our stressors. One can be an imbalance in your life. Creating balance is a crucial component of mental health and wellbeing. The idea of balance for mental health is that we are calmly doing life tasks and avoiding being driven by stress and pulled in multiple directions. In today’s lifestyle we are constantly having a “To Do” list and adding to it every day. Finding a balance in things that you find joy creates a sense of evenness, reduces anxiety and stress.
“People who suffer from a lack of work–life balance more often report health ailments such as musculoskeletal disease, headache/eyestrain, fatigue and physical exhaustion. “
“The lack or low level of balance between work and life is also connected with worse health parameters such as high cholesterol, high body-mass index, the incidence of hypertension and worse physical stamina.”
I attached an article on how hydrotherapy can help you with your health and pain:
- Choi E., Kimb J. The association between work–life balance and health status among Korean workers. 2017;58:509–517. doi: 10.3233/WOR-172641.
- Kim Y.-M., Cho S.-I. Work-Life Imbalance and Musculoskeletal Disorders among South Korean Workers. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2017;14:1331. doi: 10.3390/ijerph14111331.
- Ioannidi D.-E., Nikolatou I., Sioula E., Galanakis M., Chrousos G.P., Darviri C. The Implications of the Conflict between Work and Family in Strain Levels: A Review Paper. 2016;7:1138–1145. doi: 10.4236/psych.2016.78114.
- Van Steenbergen E.F., Ellemers N. Is Managing the Work-Family Interface Worthwhile? Benefits for Employee Health and Performance. Organ. Behav. 2009;30:617–642.
- Frone M.R., Russel M., Cooper M.L. Relation of work-family conflict to health outcomes: A four-year longitudinal study of employed parents. Occup. Organ. Psychol. 1997;70:325–335. doi: 10.1111/j.2044-8325.1997.tb00652.x.
When you are looking for a Chiropractor near you that you can trust, choose one who will not only get rid of your back pain, neck pain, or headaches but who will also guide you to living a healthier lifestyle to keep you out of pain. Our McKinney Chiropractors, located near West Ridge at the corner of S. Stonebridge Dr. and Eldorado Pkwy., will teach you what the research says about how and why we should eat a better diet, move more and have more positive thoughts. By improving these areas of our lives we can become healthier, stay out of pain and reduce risk of diabetes and other diseases!